Apple’s iOS 6 is coming this fall, and the new operating system intends on improving existing features and adding a few interesting new ones. So what will be different? Thomas Claburn of InformationWeek pulled some major changes worth knowing about. Here are some highlights:
- Adois, YouTube: Apple will not be including the YouTube app in their new OS.
- Goodbye, RSS: There will no longer be RSS feeds in iOS 6 Safari.
- New Call/Text Capabilities: The new changes allow you to decline a phone call with preset or custom text messages.
- FaceTime Wifi-Free:The iOS video messaging service, FaceTime, will also function over a cellular data connection- which means it will probably cost money.
- Improved Siri: In iOS 6 Siri will be more useful, and will be able to interact with tweets and launch other apps – among other things.
- New Maps: Apple has purchased three online map companies in the past few years, and iOS 6 maps will depend on apple’s own geographic data.
Heard any other news about iOS 6? Let us know in the comments section.