Today is Valentine’s Day. You haven’t forgotten, have you? Last minute plans for Valentine’s Day can be difficult to arrange, but don’t worry, we have you covered. If you’re worried that you’ll only get to the store in time to get a bunch of wilted roses, melted chocolate or crumbled cookies, here are some iPhone applications that will make you look more like Clark Gable, and less like Clark Griswold.
1. Cookie Doodle ($0.99) – This app allows you to prepare virtual heart shaped chocolate chip cookies covered in sprinkles. There’s even a text tool that allows you to write a special message for that special someone. This app is ten times better than burning the house down trying to bake… and a hundred times better than accidently poisoning your girlfriend.
2. Instant Poetry ($1.99) – Do you find yourself tongue tied every time you see the girl of your dreams? Instant Poetry helps you out – tap a button and rearrange the words that pop up on the screen until you’re happy with your poetic masterpiece, and then send it straight to your Valentine. They’ll be blown away by your romantic words. Just don’t panic when they expect you to be romantic in person as well…
3. Star Walk ($2.99) – What could be more romantic than gazing at the stars? But how much better would it be if you knew which constellation was which? Star Walk allows you to point your iPhone at the sky, and see which constellations and stars you are looking at. Now you can be romantic and smart at the same time!
4. Send eFlowers ($0.99) – What girl doesn’t love to get flowers? Using this app, you can send her flowers virtually. They may not be quite as good as the real thing, but they’ll keep you out of trouble until you pick up real roses for her later!
5. Valentines Radio (Free) – Check out this collection of romantic radio stations. This app gathers together radio stations with the best compilation of love songs – and if your favorite isn’t here, just email them and have them add it. This is way better than just putting your iPod on shuffle and hoping that “Baby Got Back” doesn’t come on.
6. Be Mine Lite (Free) – Did you forget to pick up a card? Don’t panic… until you make it to the store later, have some fun with one of these cards from Be Mine. Choose a background, choose your text, and email it to whoever you want. Or you can post it on Facebook and make all those singles green with envy.
7. Say I Love You – In Different Languages (Free) – Check out this app for an international approach to Valentine’s Day. Ever wanted to be able to say “I Love You” in Italian, the language of love? How about in Cambodian or Swahili – you never know, it could come in useful. Pick a language to express your love, or shake your phone for a random language.
8. Valentine Photo Free – Picture with Love (Free) – Pimp your photos with this Valentine’s Day themed photo app. Add hearts, cupids, and even rings to your photos for a romantic love theme.
9. Chocolatier ($6.99) – Who doesn’t love chocolate? And heart shaped candy for your Valentine is a sure way to their hearts. With this app you can build a chocolate empire of your very own. Pick your ingredients, find the best recipes, look after factories… and see how much money you can make as a chocolate entrepreneur!
10. Tiffany & Co. – For a big declaration of your love, use this app to help you find the perfect engagement ring. Ever since Audrey Hepburn stared longingly through the window in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, women everywhere have dreamed of getting their hands on some of that bling. Use this app to help you find the perfect size, and browse styles. And then leave it open where your boyfriend can see it, and see what happens…
We wish you luck with your Valentine’s Day plans. We’re sure that with all these apps to help you out, you’ll sweep your loved one off their feet. We can already feel the love in the air!
This post was written by Joanna Ezekiel of the Blonde2.0 writing team.