Shunra, a company that specializes in network visualization and application performance engineering, recently conducted a survey of 246 IT specialists, managers, architects, developers and engineers from around the world to get their take on the importance of application performance. Here are some of the findings:
How focused on application performance is your company culture?
39% Half-way there
26% So close
14% Performance zen
3% Not at all
What are the top efforts used to develop a performance-minded culture?
- Facilitating open channels of communication between operations, support and development
- Measuring the financial impact of post-production failures
- Providing incentives to motivate employees to consistently meet or achieve service-level objectives
- Adding performance testing very early in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proactively plan for continual performance monitoring, testing and validation