Sticking with the theme of time travel, we find that the latest, greatest mobile bug has also magically whisked users back in time. Except in this case, it was only for an hour. Apparently, thousands of iPhone users experienced a glitch with their devices, as daylight savings was not factored into their code. But as always, testers have discovered a fix. Here’s PhoneReport with How-to: Fix iPhone Alarms Before iOS4.2 Arrives:
Reports of the glitch spread as users across Australia and Europe woke up to skewed time schedules due to the problematic alarm clock on the iPhone. Until Apple issues the iOS4.2 firmware update to fix the issue, users can guide themselves through the following steps to set up a new alarm.
- Open the Clock application.
- Click on the Alarm icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the “plus sign” icon in the top right corner.
- Create an alarm and make sure you have the “repeat” option set to “never.”
- Select the appropriate time and sound, and click “save.”
Hope that helps.