FierceWireless released it’s 2012 list of the top 25 Most Powerful People in the U.S. Wireless industry earlier this month. Care to make any guesses as to who’s on the list? Or who tops it? Here’s what FierceWireless was looking for when naming the most powerful people in wireless:
They are the power brokers that control the wireless networks we use, the smartphones we buy and even the apps we download.
When we compiled the 2012 list of the 25 Most Powerful People in the U.S. Wireless Industry, we looked for individuals who we believe have a unique mix of influence, business savvy, leadership and technical expertise.
Any last minute guesses? No? Well, jump below the fold to see who came out on top!
25. Steve Berry, President and CEO of Competitive Carriers Association
24. Jack Dorsey, CEO of Square
23. Thorsten Heins, CEO of Research in Motion
22. Ben Verwaayen, CEO of Alcatel-Lucent
21. Stephen Elop, CEO of Nokia
20. Peter Chou, CEO of HTC
19. Dick Costolo, CEO of Twitter
18. Julian Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission
17. Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft
16. Hu Meena, President and CEO of C Spire Wireless
15. Hans Vestberg, President and CEO of Ericsson
14. Erik Prusch, CEO of Clearwire
13. John Donahoe, President and CEO of eBay
12. Masayoshi Son, CEO of SoftBank
11. F.J. Pollack, President and CEO of TracFone Wireless
10. Charlie Ergen, Chairman of Dish Network
9. Paul Jacobs, Chairman and CEO of Qualcomm
8. J.K. Shin, President of Samsung Mobile Communications
7. Jeff Bezos, Chairman, CEO and President of Amazon
6. Neville Ray, CTO and Executive Vice President of T-Mobile USA
5. Dan Hesse, CEO of Sprint Nextel
4. Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO of AT&T Mobility
3. Lowell McAdam, Chairman, CEO and President of Verizon Communications
2. Larry Page, CEO of Google
1. Tim Cook, CEO of Apple
Are you surprised to see any of these names make the list? Are there any that got left off?