The first day of summer may technically be June 20, but Memorial Day Weekend is arguably the beginning of the summer season. So to get you ready for the summer fun here are some of the must-have apps for the season:
What to Do:
- Camp Finder (Android & iOS) – If you plan on packing the camping gear, jumping in the car and seeing where you end up you’ll want to download Camp Finder. This app helps you find campgrounds and RV Parks in the area.
- Weber’s On the Grill (Android & iOS) – Give your oven a break and fire up the grill this summer. Weber’s recipe app will keep your mouth watering all summer long.
- Everytrail (Android & iOS) – Need to work off all those hotdogs? Everytrail will point you toward the nearest walking paths and hiking trails.
- Beach Finder (Android & iOS) – Two different apps, one common purpose – finding the closest place for you to dip your toes in the surf.
When You’re in the Sun:
- UV Detector (iOS) – This app updates you on the UV index in the area. You can also set alerts that will notify you when the UV levels are expected to be particularly bad.
- EWG Sunscree Buyer’s Guide (iOS) – There are enough sunscreens out there to make your head spin. But the Environmental Working Group’s sunscreen app offers safety and effectiveness ratings to help you make the right choice.
A Helping Hand
- Park’n Find (iOS) – Unless your summer is a total dud you’ll find yourself in at least one over crowded beach/amusement park/concert parking lot. Instead of remembring that you parked by the third row of port-o-potties, in section D5 or near whatever cartoon character that is, let this app remember for you. It will even guide you back at the end of the day.
- Postcard Apps (Android & iOS) – These apps help you keep in touch with the folks back home by creating and sending custom digital post cards.